When it comes to professional garage works, an impact wrench is an indispensable tool.
- Unlike impact drivers, these wrenches can accommodate sockets of various sizes; hence can be used on different sized bolts. They can effectively remove and screw back on lugs for tires. The power of the wrench is what determines the speed at which the work gets done.
- Whether you step into a garage or watch the races, you are bound to see these tools in play. Despite the loud whirring noise that is produced every time you pull the trigger, this tool is famous for the way it gets the work done in no time.
- The professionals find this handy, as it is easy to use and saves a lot of time.
- With the cordless wrenches, comes more comfort and portability. These impact wrenches work on battery and makes it even more convenient to carry around.
When you want to get under a car or move around to bust some bolts, there will be no cord to be taken care of. You don’t have to worry about the length of the cord or look for a power socket every time.
Ridgid impact wrench
The Rigid electric impact wrench is a ½ inch impact wrench packed with power and performance. Designed for superior performance and comfort, this tool is just perfect for your heavy duty needs.
When you have the need to handle automobiles on a daily basis, this tool is a must have in your tool box.
The Ridgid brushless impact driver offers durability and better performance. Brushless motors are better than the earlier brushed motors. It can sense when there is no resistance and can adjust accordingly. This helps you get the work done much faster and effectively.
When this motor adjusts itself according to the work art hand, the battery usage is also very efficient.
Hence, you have a powerful tool that can not only get the work done but can also do it in a smart manner, the battery consumed is lesser, thereby giving you more time to work with the wrench. The wear and tear is lesser, thereby enhancing the durability of the tool. Overall this is a tool that is a good news to all those who are searching for a reliable impact wrench.
Here is a detailed Ridgid impact wrench review, to help you know better about the product.
Some of the features that make the Ridgid R86010B a perfect tool to buy are:
- Torque – The torque produced is high. This wrench delivers 300 ft-lbs, which is perfect for any heavy duty application.
- LED Lights – The impact wrench has lights that turn on and does not require you to pull the trigger. This throws enough light on the spot you are going to work on, enabling better visibility.
- ½ Inch Avil – This anvil is compatible with most sockets. You can use sockets of different sizes to suit your varying needs.
- Belt Hook – The wrench comes with a reverse belt hook. Now you can hook this tool on to your work belt and move around freely. The wrench is always at your hands’ reach
- Handle – The handle of the impact wrench is ergonomically designed for a superior grip. The rubberized grip does not let your tool slip from your hand. The innovative hex grip offers superior comfort and enables you to use the wrench for long periods of time.
- Warranty – The wrench when bought directly from the manufacturers has a lifetime warranty.
- Compact – This impact wrench is compact and measures only 3.7 x 8.7 x 7.9 inches. This makes it very easy to be carried around, both in your hand and your tool box.
- Weight – It weighs a mere 3.5 pounds, thus making it very convenient and portable.
- Cordless –The wrench is powered by a lithium-ion battery and does not require any other source of power. Without a cord, the wrench can be used anywhere and at anytime.
- Create Your Kit – This is not a kit and the package contains only the impact wrench. You can add this on to your existing kit.
Some of the not so great features about this product are:
No Battery Or Charger – The package contains only the impact wrench and no batteries or charger is provided. You cannot buy this as a standalone product. You need to use this in addition to the kit you already own or buy the battery and charger separately.
Not For Heavy Duty – The wrench does not last long when used continuously on a regular basis, like many other heavy duty impact wrenches.
Advantages Over Competition
- Straight Nose – The nose of the wrench is at 90 degrees and not angled. This makes it very convenient to use as you can just point and use it without having to find the perfect angle.
- Light Weight – Unlike many other impact wrenches in the market, this Ridgid impact wrench is very light and easy to carry. You can use this for long hours and not endure any discomfort. You can also use it underneath the cars to repair, continuously.
- Warranty – It comes with a lifetime warranty. Hence if your tool gets damaged due to accidents or usage, you can always get it fixed for free.
- Mode – There are three different torque settings. This enables you to use this impact wrench for various purposes and you don’t have to worry about the pressure used, every time. You can use the same impact wrench for both soft and hard materials. No more worrying about drilling too much and ruining the soft material.
- LED Lights – The light is placed near the drill chuck. This offers better lighting than when placed near the battery, at the handle. The light is brighter, focuses more on the work area and enables you to perform better.
- Portable – The impact wrench is light weight and compact, making it easily portable. You can pack this up with rest of your tools and never have to worry about changing tires or doing any repairs where lugs and bolts are involved.
When you have a vehicle, changing tires or doing small repair works are unavoidable. Though such works can be done with a drill or a manual wrench, it takes a lot of time and you need to put in a lot of effort. For those tires where the bolts are screwed on tight, you may even have to visit a professional.
Impact wrenches can save you such trips to the professional garage and also get your work done in no time.
If you are a professional who has to handle cars and other vehicles on a daily basis, there is no way a manual wrench will suffice. You will need a good impact wrench that can handle all jobs – both small and heavy duty.
Also, you must take care when you drive in the screws. You don’t want to screw something too tight and cause damage. This will not only result in unnecessary expenses, but may also result in you losing a client.
It is not just the power that this wrench delivers, but the designing too. It is designed in such a way that your hands don’t hurt from holding the wrench for long periods of time.
The handle does not slip even when you have greasy hands (something that cannot be avoided when you are working under a car). Avoid all this unnecessary complications and risks, buy the Ridgid impact wrench and experience efficiency effortlessly.